Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Movie Review- Goodwill Hunting (1997)


lifewaitsfornone recommends this movie to all our dear readers.

Yesterday night I watched Good Will Hunting starring Matt Damon, Robbin Williams, Ben Affleck. Movie starts with MIT - maths classes where the prof.( forgot his name though) asks the students to solve some very difficult problem which nobody could. Damon works as a sweeper in the university and
solves the problem after the class without disclosing to anybody. He gets caught in his act by the prof. when he does it 2nd time. Other than working as a sweeper,Damon likes to hang out with his friends partying in bars,( Ben Affleck and 2 other guys- who all are most ordinary guys) goes out, fights in the streets, gets into the jail, leads life in the most casual manner.
The prof. of MIT kept an eye on Damon. Once when Damon was taken to court for his activities, he was bailed by the prof. with the condition that Damon would visit the prof. once a week and has to sit for councelling.
This is were the story starts and sorry folks ,am not going to disclose what happens next.
At some stage I wondered what the heck does this movie wants to tell. I didnt understand each and every stage of the movie as well ( am being honest) and if you ask I dont have the answer to tell you why I liked the movie but I felt its good, very good actually.
Technically speaking, the dialogues are very interesting. Damon and Robbin Williams plays their character wonderfully well. The camera work is excellent in my opinion. Also, there is one wonderful kissing scene ( sorry, but felt it was wonderful).
What I felt that this movie is worth watching ( I finished it at 2 o'clock) and if anybody has already seen it he/she would definitely agree with me.
If the review is too confusing for you ( which I think it is), I would be ready to answer your queries.
Thanks
Deep

No comments: